Cloud 9 is a feature I do here at Rainy Thursdays twice a month. It is my version of those “Top 10” posts you see floating around the blogosphere. Instead of ten items, however there are, of course, nine.
Since E3 just finished up, there is a plethora of great game trailers out there; and nothing pleases me more than phenomenal game trailers. Here are my top 9 favorites in no particular order:
1. The Division – This video floors me. I am not a huge Tom Clancy fan, but there is better story telling in this short 5 minute trailer than there is in half the New York Times best-sellers list.
2. Sniper Elite 3 – I am not a shooter fan. In fact, I am terrible at them. But this games just looks awesome. I appreciate that the game actually shows you what happens to your enemies when the bullet hits them. The x-ray vision is just phenomenal and the nurse in me finds it fascination. I will not apologize for my morbid view.
3. Uncharted 4 – I have never played the Uncharted series, so I feel I shouldn’t be as excited about this game as I am. But just look at those gorgeous graphics! This trailers brings up so many questions that I can’t help but be excited for its release.
4. Dead Island 2 – I feel that this whole zombie craze is starting to get stale. I don’t expect anything new from this game, but that doesn’t mean I can’t love the trailer. It is different and absolutely one of the most hilarious trailers I have ever seen.
5. Shadow Of Mordor – Don’t even get me started on Tolkien. I have so much love for him and the worlds he has created. You can’t blame me for loving this game before it’s even released. It looks hands-down one of the best Tolkien games to date. The graphics are gorgeous, the story looks fantastic (no pun intended), and I can’t wait to see what the game truly has in store for us!
6. Scalebound – Being the huge fan of fantasy that I am, I was doomed to want this game from the start. I mean, it is a game where you have a dragon companion. How much better does it get?
7. Far Cry 4 – I can’t even comprehend what level of messed up the game will reach after watching the trailer, but you best believe I want to know. This trailer just….just grabs you by the balls and won’t let go. Forgive my vulgarity, but damn this game looks intense.
8. Sunset Overdrive – The trailer may start off like serious military shooter, but quickly breaks the fourth wall to become a hilarious skit that would make Deadpool proud. It seems like an amusing game with simple gameplay and a humorous storyline.
9. Borderlands: The Pre-sequel – There are really no proper words for how stoked this trailer makes me. I already love the Borderlands franchise, but this game seems to take it up a notch and answer some of the questions we had about the second game. Not to mention, it’s funny as hell. Dance kittens. Need I say more?
Mirror’s Edge 2 – The reason this trailer does not make the actual list is because 1) I am not 100% when its release date is and don’t want to get excited just yet, 2) it’s hardly a trailer more as it is a tease, and 3) I am tired of being teased. In a year filled yet again with angry white male protagonists, I just want my badass urban ninja chick back.
What game are you most excited for? Is there any not listed you think I should have added?